In the month of August, we still want to enjoy our summer in Barcelona, the sun, the happiness and the celebrations of festivals. For those who are living there and also those who are there for few days, there are amazing and unique activities impossible to miss , such as the district festivals. The Festival of Gracia, one of the best known will take place from the 15th to the 21st of August this year.
Less known but very good also, the Festival of Sants will take place from the 19th to the 26 of August in the popular quarter of Sants. This year will be the 25 aniversary of this festival which include the participation of the whole neighborhood and othe citizens of the city.
What can you see/do during the Festival of Sants?
For those who are looking for what to do in Barcelona in the month of August you’ll find in the following list few activities organized by this festival:
- Walks through the different decorated streets: This is one of the most popular activities for the neighborhood which agrees to decorate streets. During the party we elect the street who have won.
- Music concerts: During the event there will be rock concerts, hip hop, dance music, pop, electro and more.
- Correfocs: this typical activity is striking, especially for the Catalans. This is a group of people dressed as devils, passing through the streets in groups, jumping and running in an indescribable uproar, accompanied by fireworks. Takes into account that this is something very impressive but also very noisy.
- Food: A block party incult food and the Festival of Sants is not an exception to this rule. It organizes lunches, dinners, butifarradas (butifarrada the Catalan is a special dish, like sausage or chorizo, barbecued), small sausages, sardines, desserts and more.
- Cultural Activities: Traditional Dances called sardana Catalan cinema in the open, short films and others.