Sitges is a small city located on the Catalan coast, few meters from Barcelona, which made it an ideal place to have a joyriding or to stay longer. If you are in Barcelona, you can decide to spend one day in Sitges so as to practice acuatic sports, visit the Natural Park of Garraf or enjoy a perfect paella.
You’ll find our recomendations on what to do in Sitges for one day in the following list:
- To enjoy your day, we advise you to take the suburban train which starts from Barcelona Sants station. The first one leaves at 5:45, there is therefore no excuse not to arrive early at the beach. The journey lasts 35 minutes and costs 4 € (simple journey). You can also enjoy the bus service (Monbus) that costs 3,60 €.
- Once you are in the town, you can enjoyyour morning by resting or by practicing sport in one of the beaches of Sitges. Between the most known ones you find the Playa de Sant Sebastiá, a weel-known place because of its location, but there much more. In Sitges there are beaches for everyone: for sports, nudist beaches, gay beaches. The beaches of Sitges are known for their golden sand, cleanliness and the tourist service availability you can find there.
- On midday, you can enjoy tapas and fresh seafood on several chiringuitos located on the beach. There is good food, but don’t eat to much in order to keep some space for the wonderful paella of the dinner.
- In the afternoon, you can travel the city and discover the historical center where the medieval wall and the Palau Rei Moro are located. You can also going for shopping given that Sitges is full of clothes shops which are different because of their originality.
- So as to end the day perfectly you have to eat the best paella of Sitges. To enjoy it you have to go the Costa Dorada restaurant, a beautiful restaurant created in 1986 in the Beach of San Sebastia where you can enjoy fabulous seafood and the best paella of the region for an affordable price. A plce you cannot miss, you just have to remember that they are closed Wednesday and Thursday nights.
If you are in Barcelona you have to visit Sitges. Pic by Jordi Armengo on flickr
Wanna have a one day break in Sitges? Do not wait for it. And you can also look for a housing in Sitges, and spend few days there to enjoy the whole city.